Exal, Alcoa Take Diamond in Dupont Packaging Awards
DuPont Packaging President Bill Harvey announces winners in the 22nd DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation, including the first fully compostable snack bag from Frito Lay and new PET bottles from Coca Cola that incorporate plant-based renewable polymer. The jury said that the winners represent impressive strides in improved sustainability. The DuPont Awards are the industry’s longest running independently judged awards program.
Dupont gives the Diamond Award, its highest honor, to companies that have demonstrated innovation, sustainability and waste reduction in one of their packaging solutions.
Exal Corp & Alcoa Rigid Packaging USA won the Diamond Award for their new aluminum bottle, which features a recyclable aluminum alloy.
Entropy Solutions Inc USA also received the Diamond Ward for its new greenbox reusable thermal management system.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls