Tower Companies Appoints Chief Sustainability Officer
The Tower Companies has promoted David Borchardt to chief sustainability officer. Borchardt is a licensed professional engineer and a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP BD+C).
Borchardt was hired in 2005 as Director of Sustainable Development overseeing 4.5 million square feet of office buildings, office parks, apartments, regional malls, residential communities, lifestyle centers, and hotels within the DC area.
His responsibility is to ensure that the Tower Companies’ goals for sustainable development are incorporated into all future and existing buildings and land development.
A recent survey by Ernst & Young indicates that chief sustainability officers are now playing a leading role in directing cleantech investments.
The Tower Companies is a member of EPA’s Green Power Partnership, Climate Leaders and Energy Star programs. The company says it is also Washington, DC area’s leading regional builder of USGBC LEED projects
Tower Companies was ranked as the number one largest real estate purchaser of renewable energy on EPA’s Green Power Partner list in 2008. The company is a 100 percent Green Power Purchaser.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016