Baker, ICF Receive Energy Efficiency Contracts
An engineering subsidiary of Michael Baker Corporation announced it was one of 20 recipients of a five-year Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) from the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The maximum aggregate capacity of all BPAs awarded is $500 million.
The company will help the GSA reduce energy usage and improve sustainability in compliance with the Energy Independence and Security Act (EISA) of 2007 and Executive Order 13423, Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy, and Transportation Management.
Baker will provide energy management planning and strategies, training on energy management, building commissioning, energy audits, water conservation, and resource efficiency services.
Baker was selected by GSA as one of 20 such BPA recipients, including firms such as Intelligent Decisions and Telos Corporation, both of which announced contracts under the BPA yesterday.
Meanwhile, ICF International has been awarded a re-compete contract by the City and County of San Francisco to support the San Francisco Department of the Environment (SFE). The contract has a value of $6.5 million and a term of five years. The city recently succeeded in hitting its carbon reduction goals.
ICF will help the city implement energy efficiency programs, including the San Francisco Energy Watch program, and a federally funded Home Performance program. ICF is also currently working on a 5 year contract with the EPA to provide technical and outreach support services for its domestic and global climate change initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works