Sodexo Reviews Sustainability of Clients
Sodexo Inc., said it would review the sustainable development practices of its 33,900 global clients this week.
“The inventory is a crucial step in assessing the group’s situation and will involve measuring our current performance, setting realistic goals, identifying priorities, and setting up a timetable for our 33,900 client sites,” said Damien Verdier, Group Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer in a company press release.
The review is part of the company’s “Better Tomorrow Plan” announced in December, in which the company listed a series of goals it seeks to achieve for its clients. The goals include ensuring compliance with a Global Sustainable Supply Chain Code of Conduct by 2015, sourcing sustainable equipment and supplies by 2020, reducing both the carbon and water footprint in all the countries where the company operates and at clients’ sites by 2020, and reducing organic and non-organic waste in all the countries where the company operates and at clients’ sites by 2015.
Sodexo has clients in 80 different countries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight