Google, IES Partner on Efficient Design Tool
Google announced today it will partner with building performance analysis company Integrated Environmental Solutions (IES) in order to provide building performance and analysis tools to users of Google‚Äôs SketchUp 3D modeling tool, according to a company press release.
The two companies have had a relationship for the past two years, during which IES provided a plug-in to the SketchUp platform which linked the four levels of VE analysis software to both the Free and Pro SketchUp platforms.
Integrating IES‚Äô VE analysis software will permit SketchUp users to conduct performance analysis of design iterations across a range of areas such as energy, carbon, water, climate impact, solar and daylight at early design stages for low-energy sustainable buildings. Users will also be able to assess the economics of low/zero carbon technology and renewable energy use.
‚ÄúIt might just be the catalyst to joining up environmental thinking between the architect and engineer,‚ÄĚ said Ian Walker, head of Environmental Engineering at Architects‚Äô Broadway Malyan in the press release. ‚ÄúThe only successful way to approach sustainable design is through integration across the entire design process.‚ÄĚ
Google also recently announced the release of a new PowerMeterAPI, which allows manufacturers of electrical appliances with built-in energy monitoring technology to incorporate their data with the Google PowerMeter, an energy use tool for homeowners and small businesses.
Energy Manager News
- Avista Lauds ‚ÄėFair‚Äô Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE‚Äôs SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric‚Äôs New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers