Dr Pepper to Recycle 80% of Waste
Dr Pepper Snapple Group said it will recycle 80 percent of its solid waste as part of its set of five-year goals for improved environmental and social performance across the company’s operations, according to its first CSR report.
Among the company’s goals for the next five years are plans to improve energy efficiency in manufacturing operations by 10 percent per gallon of finished product above 2009 levels, increase product shipments per gallon of fuel used by 20 percent, replace 60,000 vending machines and coolers with Energy Star-rated equipment that is approximately 30 percent more energy efficient, reduce water usage and wastewater discharge ratio in manufacturing operations by 10 percent per gallon of finished product, and conserve more than 60 million pounds of PET plastic through package reengineering and increased use of post-consumer recycled material.
The company also said it is making logistics improvements that have so far yielded efficiencies that have reduced shipping distances to customers by up to 90 miles per load, and is exploring opportunities in hybrid and alternative fleet vehicles. The company will also begin monitoring fuel efficiency in its vehicle fleet beginning this year, it said in the report.
The company also plans to replace more than 60,000 older vending machines with new equipment by 2013, which will reduce energy consumption by more than 30 percent and result in $7.6 million in electricity cost savings for customers. According to the company, this savings represents the equivalent emissions of 9,000 cars.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store