Verdiem Powers CA Energy Savings
Verdiem announced that several California state agencies, municipalities, schools and universities have deployed its PC power management software on nearly 70,000 PCâ€™s with the goal of reducing PC energy consumption by up to 60 percent.
According to a company press release, Californiaâ€™s Department of Transportation, Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of Health Care Services, Department of Social Services, Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery and the California Environmental Protection Agency are all using the software in an effort to comply with Governor Schwarzeneggerâ€™s executive order to reduce energy usage from IT operations by 30 percent by 2012.
The company detailed strategies to meet the mandateâ€™s goal in a new white paper.
Verdiem also announced that the USC Marshall School of Business, the City of Long Beach Police Department and the City of Santa Monica are among roughly 100 customers in California who have deployed Verdiemâ€™s PC power management software to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
Nearly fifteen utilities in the state of California currently offer rebates for the purchase and deployment of Verdiemâ€™s PC power management solution. The rebates commonly covers the full cost of purchase, up to $15 per computer license. Utilities providing rebates include: Pacific Gas & Electric, Southern California Edison, San Diego Gas & Electric, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, and Silicon Valley Power.
The City of Santa Monica was recently recognized for its use of Verdiem software to drive a 30 percent reduction in power use.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: Itâ€™s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M â€˜Switching Feeâ€™ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform