DesignGroup Earns Autodesk Award
DesignGroup won Autodeskâ€™s BIM Experience Award for extending the use of building information modeling (BIM) to sustainable design, and for the application of a BIM process on more than 40 building projects to date, representing over 4.2-million square feet, according to a company press release.
One of DesignGroupâ€™s recently built BIM process-based projects is the $5.1-million Grange Insurance Audubon Center located in Columbus, Ohio. DesignGroup and the projectâ€™s structural engineer used an integrated Revit Architectureâ€“based model for design collaboration, coordination and evaluation of design alternatives and sustainability strategies.
DesignGroupâ€™s other recent BIM process-based projects include the new Hocking College Energy Institute, poised to become Ohioâ€™s first LEED Platinumâ€“certified higher education building, and an $85-million new patient tower addition for Butler Health System in Pennsylvania. Both projects featured integrated project teams using the Revit platform for earlier decision making and improved design coordination, with Autodesk Navisworks software applied to the Butler Health System project for cross-discipline clash detection and construction planning. One of the teamâ€™s current projects, delivered with partner company Energent Solutions, is a study for Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company that will help the company reduce the energy consumption of its corporate headquarters office towers.
The award also recognizes the firmâ€™s efforts to promote BIM through presentations, lectures and continuing education seminars for its partners, consultants, clients, local builders, industry groups and universities.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data