Marcal Adds Environmental Facts Panel on Paper Goods Packaging
Marcal Manufacturing claims to be the first U.S. paper goods brand to add an environmental facts panel on its packaging. The manufacturer of 100 percent recycled paper now highlights environmental data critical to its products manufacturing process on every Marcal Small Steps package.
Similar to a nutrition facts-style panel, the environmental panel includes information about recycled paper content (100 percent), how much chlorine bleach was used for whitening (zero percent) and use of chemical-based additives like fragrances and dyes (zero percent).
The new packaging has completed a nationwide rollout to grocery, drug, convenience and other major retail outlets.
The Environmental Facts panel spearheads Marcal’s Right to Know initiative, aimed at helping consumers navigate green product claims and manufacturing practices, and includes a Green Products Consumer Bill of Rights, which was introduced on Earth Day 2010.
It’s also part of a larger Marcal Movement that targets saving millions of trees by buying products with 100 percent recycled paper content.
In February last year, Greenpeace released its Recycled Tissue and Toilet Paper Guide.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water