Canadian Small Businesses Spent less than $500 on ‘Green’ Projects since 2008
About 59 percent of small businesses surveyed in Canada said they spent less than $500 on “green” initiatives over the past two years, according to a survey released by RBC, reports Business in Vancouver. Another key finding shows that about 82 percent of survey respondents focused on recycling projects, while 60 percent focused on cutting their energy use.
The survey also finds nearly half (46 percent) of small businesses in Canada have implemented a green plan or environmental policies in their business with an additional 6 percent considering it.
The survey also reveals that 63 percent of small businesses that already have a plan or policies in place are more likely to focus on reducing energy and 31 percent of those who are considering a green plan are more likely to target environmental standards and 55 percent on supply reduction, reports the Vancouver Sun.
RBC says investing funds in green initiatives can help some businesses capitalize on the green movement as a business opportunity. “Going green helps companies build goodwill with customers, employees, shareholders and the general public,” said Jim Hart, national manager, Green Client Strategy, Business Financial Services, RBC.
A recent Regus survey finds that small companies globally are below average on their actual level of green investment, which indicates that short-term needs outweigh long-term investments. It also reveals that 63 percent of U.S. companies believe government tax breaks are needed to accelerate the adoption of green investments.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform