Dow Jones Installs 4.1 MW Solar System
Dow Jones began construction of a 4.1 megawatt solar panel installation at its 200-acre campus in South Brunswick, NJ. According to a report in the Sentinel, the system, which will consist of 13,000 panels and cover almost 230,000 square feet, will be one of the largest commercial solar arrays in the country. According to a report in the San Francisco Business Times, the system will provide Dow Jones with 15 percent of its energy needs at the campus, which houses 2,000 employees. The installation is being paid for by Public Service Enterprise Groupâ€™s solar loan program, according to the report.
AZO Cleantech reported that the system will be installed at a slight tilt, about 5 degrees, which will allow it to generate twice as much energy per square meter compared to flat systems.
The news comes as the solar power industry has suffered significant setbacks in New Jersey. Gov. Chris Christie recently shifted $158 million from the Clean Energy Fund, which was to provide rebates to homeowners and businesses that installed solar arrays, to help close an $11 billion state budget gap, reducing solar rebate funds to $20.5 million. The fund then ran out on its first day of operation. The state legislature was unable to reach a compromise agreement last week, leaving the program bereft of funds. Gov. Christieâ€™s budget for next year would also divert $50 million from the fund. Florida is also seeing its solar installation rebate program come to an end this month after its legislature failed to renew the program in its last session, despite still owing money to installers.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that Itâ€™s Possible to Save Moneyâ€“and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds