Shell Seeks to Fill BP’s Green Shoes
Although BP has called off its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign touting the company’s green credentials in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico disaster, Shell Oil seems primed to step into their shoes. The company has launched an extensive new ad campaign in the face of harsh public scrutiny of the entire oil sector.
The campaign, which Shell is calling “Let’s Go,” repositions Shell as an energy, rather than oil, company, with one television spot implying Shell is investing more money on cleaner-burning natural gas than any other oil company. The campaign will be rolled out across TV, print, and online mediums, and also features two new websites: shell.us/letsgo and energygalaxy.com.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE