Shell Seeks to Fill BP’s Green Shoes
Although BP has called off its “Beyond Petroleum” campaign touting the company’s green credentials in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico disaster, Shell Oil seems primed to step into their shoes. The company has launched an extensive new ad campaign in the face of harsh public scrutiny of the entire oil sector.
The campaign, which Shell is calling “Let’s Go,” repositions Shell as an energy, rather than oil, company, with one television spot implying Shell is investing more money on cleaner-burning natural gas than any other oil company. The campaign will be rolled out across TV, print, and online mediums, and also features two new websites: shell.us/letsgo and energygalaxy.com.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Summer Weather Spawns Thermostat Wars
- New Yorkers ‘Share’ Renewables
- Portable EV Charging Technology Used by California Government
- Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
- Berkeley Enacts New Building Energy Saving Ordinance
- Medical Center Raises Energy Star Score from 21 to 70
- Stadium Saves 40% on Energy with LEDs
- Prescolite Adds to LED Portfolio