What Consumers Want in Green Products
Bill Roth founder of Earth 2017 interviews Lee Ann Head, VP of Market Research with the Shelton Group on what consumers will buy and won’t buy in terms of green or sustainable products.
Even the greenest of consumers are pretty conservative about what they’ll spend their money on, says sustainable-business marketing specialist Lee Ann Head. Customers will try out a product on the strength of its environmental claims, but ultimately they’ll only keep coming back if the product is at least as effective as less-green alternatives. “They aren’t buying to save the world. … If they’re buying a cleaning product, it needs to clean,” Head says.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE