Green Building Market To Hit $173.5 Billion by 2015
From 2010 to 2015, the total US green building market value is projected to increase from $71.1 billion to $173.5 billion, according to the latest issue of EL Insights. This represents a CAGR of 19.5% during this time period.
The goals of building green include the efficient use of energy, water, and other resources, the protection of occupant health and improvement of employee productivity, and the reduction of waste, pollution, and environmental erosion. Buildings in the United States are responsible for 40% of total energy consumption, 12% of water consumption, 68% of total electricity consumption, and 38% of carbon dioxide emissions.
In addition, commercial green building is projected to grow by 18.1% annually, according to new research revealed in EL Insights, from $35.6 billion to $81.8 billion.
EL Insights also reveals that green building is a source of economic opportunity and has potential to create 2.5 million American jobs, which is about a 30% increase in jobs within the construction industry.
According to EL Insights, companies can expect:
– Increased awareness of environmental issues such as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico to drive growth in commercial and residential green building,
– Large corporations to drive investment in innovative green building products and to lead adoption in the commercial sector,
-A greater opportunity in the commercial space over the residential space for the next year,
The collaboration between USGBC, the public sector, and real estate underwriters to be critical in…
This is a preview of EL Insights Subscription Content.
The latest issue of EL Insights includes original reporting and data on many green building features, including:
– Projected Global Green Building Materials Market Value
– Projected US Total Green Building Market Value
– Projected US Residential Green Building Market Value
– Projected US Commercial & Industrial Green Market Value
– Projected Number US Green Homes Built Annually
Delivered two times a month, every issue of EL Insights is developed to help businesses understand the implications of an emerging energy, environmental or sustainability technology, to inspire innovation within companies, and to provide executives with timely data, charts and market insights.
For industry insiders needing to stay informed, EL Insights is the one subscription that delivers opportunity-focused, actionable insights that are both engaging and accessible.
Get a no-obligation issue of EL Insights here.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned