Cox Cuts Paper Use by more than 3 Tons with Oracle Software
Cox Communications has significantly reduced its carbon footprint with the help of Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Imaging and Process Management software solutions. By moving to electronic invoices, the broadband communications and entertainment company has reduced its paper use by three and one-third tons, the equivalent of 19,740 pounds of CO2 emissions, within the first eight months of implementation.
To support the Cox Conserves initiative aimed at reducing the company’s carbon footprint by 20 percent, Cox Communications automated its procure-to-pay process by leveraging Oracle iProcurement to migrate corporate and cable-system level processes to “one-touch” electronic processes that minimize paper use and increase efficiency across its high volume business.
Parent company Cox Enterprises recycled 500 tons of waste last year.
To further reduce its environmental impact, Cox Communications also is leveraging the Oracle E-Business Suite to pilot a completely online business-to-business procurement process for high volume vendors. It plans to extend the new online procurement process to its top 650 suppliers, which represent half of the company’s invoice volume.
By migrating to electronic processes, Cox Communications also has significantly increased efficiencies, reducing the cost of processing vendor invoices by up to 80 percent when using new processes and the number of account payable transactions by 26 percent.
Cox Communications is also using Oracle Internet Expenses, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle XML Gateway and Oracle Business Intelligence 11g.
Oracle also offers environmental reporting software, as part of its enterprise software portfolio, recently pre-integrating greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting software from Ndevr with Oracle’s E-Business Suite and Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne financial applications.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier