TD Bank ‘Green’ Call Center Powered 100% from Renewable Sources
TD Bank has opened a new ‘green’ call center in Auburn, Maine, that will be 100-percent powered by green power sources. The facility features local design elements including a 9-ton boulder located in the center of the building, which was mined from the Christian Hill Quarry in Auburn.
Other local design features include handcrafted furniture pieces made out of cherry wood from sustainably managed forests by Thos. Moser of Freeport, Maine, as well as shrubs and plants that are native to the area.
In addition to the local elements, this facility was developed to have a low impact on the environment and designed to achieve the U.S. Green Building’s LEED Gold certification. Green elements include plumbing fixtures that use 33 percent less water, drought tolerant plants and shrubs that don’t require an in-ground irrigation system, occupancy sensors to turn lights off when not needed, and a recycling system that will collect paper, glass, metal, plastic, cardboard, fluorescent lamps and batteries.
The facility was constructed with recycled and regionally manufactured materials, and built with products that give off little or no volatile organic compounds (VOCs). It also features a 40 x 40-ft. skylight to provide natural light and to reduce lighting loads. It also was designed to supply high levels of fresh air to building occupants.
Earlier this year, TD Bank announced it is the largest U.S.-based bank to go carbon neutral and committed to building LEED-certified stores and offices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Pittsburgh Embarks on District Energy Plan
- Truly Transparent Benchmarking Data
- New Tariffs on Chinese Solar Cells Could Raise Costs for US Buyers
- It’s Going to Take Time to Implement Tenant Star
- Schneider Targets Smaller Healthcare Facilities for Energy Management
- Historic Athletic Club to Undergo $2.4M Energy Efficiency Retrofit
- H5 Data Centers Deploys Eaton UPS
- Universal Coordinates LED Tubes with Compatible Ballasts