Goodwill Buys RECs
Goodwill Industries International’s headquarter location in Rockville, Md. has signed a two-year green electricity purchase agreement for renewable energy certificates sourced from wind resources to offset 100-percent of its energy use.
The effort is part of an overall initiative for Goodwill Industries International and its independent member agencies to green their buildings and stores to meet LEED standards.
Goodwill is a member of the AOBA Alliance, one of the largest commercial energy aggregation groups in the United States.
The renewable energy certificates will be supplied by Constellation NewEnergy and will be sourced from US wind facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array