Goodwill Buys RECs
Goodwill Industries International’s headquarter location in Rockville, Md. has signed a two-year green electricity purchase agreement for renewable energy certificates sourced from wind resources to offset 100-percent of its energy use.
The effort is part of an overall initiative for Goodwill Industries International and its independent member agencies to green their buildings and stores to meet LEED standards.
Goodwill is a member of the AOBA Alliance, one of the largest commercial energy aggregation groups in the United States.
The renewable energy certificates will be supplied by Constellation NewEnergy and will be sourced from US wind facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves