Goodwill Buys RECs
Goodwill Industries International’s headquarter location in Rockville, Md. has signed a two-year green electricity purchase agreement for renewable energy certificates sourced from wind resources to offset 100-percent of its energy use.
The effort is part of an overall initiative for Goodwill Industries International and its independent member agencies to green their buildings and stores to meet LEED standards.
Goodwill is a member of the AOBA Alliance, one of the largest commercial energy aggregation groups in the United States.
The renewable energy certificates will be supplied by Constellation NewEnergy and will be sourced from US wind facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics