Goodwill Buys RECs
Goodwill Industries International’s headquarter location in Rockville, Md. has signed a two-year green electricity purchase agreement for renewable energy certificates sourced from wind resources to offset 100-percent of its energy use.
The effort is part of an overall initiative for Goodwill Industries International and its independent member agencies to green their buildings and stores to meet LEED standards.
Goodwill is a member of the AOBA Alliance, one of the largest commercial energy aggregation groups in the United States.
The renewable energy certificates will be supplied by Constellation NewEnergy and will be sourced from US wind facilities.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables