Building U.S. Energy Resilience
Post Carbon Institute Renewable Energy Fellow David Fridley discusses global renewable energy technology development and what may be a “pipe dream” of energy independence. Fridley also discusses the distinction between efficiency and conservation.
His new report, “Nine Challenges of Alternative Energy,” covers some of the most overlooked obstacles in the widespread deployment of alternative energies around the world, which, he says, energy developers and legislators must consider. These nine challenges are:
–Scalability and timing
–The law of receding horizons
–Energy returned on energy invested
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’