Methane Digester Delivers 750 kW Electricity at Holsum
Kirk Van Dussen, manager at one of Holsum Dairy farms, discusses the dairy’s use of an anaerobic methane digester to recycle, reduce and reuse waste products produced by its cows. The methane digester converts the methane gas into 750 kW of electricity, which produces some revenues for the farm. It also results in cheaper fertilizer for local farms and helps control odors.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage