Oracle Launches Smart Meter Data Management Software
Oracle has released its Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2.0 (PDF) solution, as part of its Oracle Utilities Smart Meter Platform, which helps utilities manage customer energy and water consumption data gathered from smart meter deployments.
With the smart meter platform, utilities can organize consumption data and turn it into actionable intelligence such as improving service, controlling operational costs and responding to meter-related events and alerts, says Oracle.
The data management solution features a centralized device portal that enables customer service representatives to review current and historical use, while also allowing field service technicians to view metering activity details and manage meter reading schedules.
Oracle says the new version resolves integration issues that exist in the industry today between customer information systems and meter data management systems. It minimizes data duplication and interoperates with Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing for quicker access to customer data without switching between applications.
It also allows utilities to leverage legacy systems with a more simplified IT architecture, which supports the move to time-of-use, intraday or real-time pricing initiatives.
The device portal also contains tools that help utilities view/edit interval data, look for signs of tampering or theft, view/analyze audit records and examine weather patterns to determine use variations from one time period to another.
A recent survey finds that 88 percent of Americans said they would be willing to use a smart device such as a meter, thermostat or appliance if it would help to better manage their energy use.
In addition, smart water meters will help consumers and businesses figure out how much water they’re using and how to save water, says IBM. The same is true for energy consumption.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses