Samsung Expands ‘Green Memory’ Initiative, Launches ‘Green’ Website
Samsung Electronics has expanded its ‘Green Memory’ initiative beyond DRAM and solid state drives (SSDs) to include several memory products for PC and mobile application areas as more customers choose to buy green IT products with energy-saving benefits.
The initiative will now include Samsung ‘s LPDDR2 and GDDR5 green memory devices as well as its GreenDDR3 and Green SSDs.
Samsung also launched a new Website (www.samsung.com/GreenMemory) to boost its efforts to increase global interest in green IT products and eco-friendly solutions, targeting both manufacturing customers and consumers. It provides information on Samsung’s green product strategies and green-focused partners and industry-wide green IT trends.
The Website also offers some information on co-promotional activities with Samsung Green partners such as AMD, Cisco Systems, Fujitsu, HP (Hewlett-Packard), IBM, Intel, Microsoft and VMware. The site also features Green calculators used to estimate energy cost savings by using Samsung’s Green memory products.
Samsung first announced its green management initiative in 2009 that outlined a comprehensive set of goals by 2013 that includes the reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from manufacturing and products, the development of eco-friendly products, financial investment in eco-management initiatives, and enhanced green partnerships with suppliers and partners.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland