Kimberly-Clark Launches Water-Saving Promo
Kimberly-Clark’s Scott Naturals brand is giving away 750,000 Scott SmartFlush toilet-tank inserts over the next two months, which the brand claims can save a typical family of four 2,000 gallons of water a year, reports AdAge.com. The green-themed promotion is supported by national TV, print and in-store advertising.
Doug Daniels, brand manager of strategy and innovation for Scott, told AdAge that the brand’s heritage of thrift, combined with the 40 percent-recycled Naturals line, is a perfect fit with an item that saves water. Kimberly-Clark launched the Scott Naturals line in April 2009.
Daniels also said that flushing accounts for about 25 percent of household water use, so this is an opportunity to help save water and “consumer’s money one flush at a time.”
The Smart Flush bag will be available free with a purchase of Scott Naturals bath tissue beginning in September. When placed in the toilet tank, the material in the bag absorbs water and expands, reducing the amount of water consumed in each flush by up to one liter.
The Smart Flush bag will be given away exclusively on Scott Naturals 8 pack and 12 pack bath tissue at retailers including Walmart and Target nationwide in September and October, while supplies last.
The SmartFlush inserts, which the manufacturer believes can last as long as a decade in the toilet tank, is considered a “first-of-its-kind innovation.”
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales