Vestas V112 Turbine Targets Low/Med Wind Speed Sites
Vestas discusses the launch of its new V112-3.0 turbine, aimed at the low and medium wind speed sector, which the company says comprises 75 percent of the global market. The offshore version can be used at high wind sites.
The wind turbine manufacturer says the new turbine was designed from the beginning with new technologies, and how it was going to be transported and installed as well as maintained for at least 20 years.
The turbine can withstand virtually any climatic conditions from tropic heat and humidity to arctic cold, making it suitable for any onshore site with low or medium wind and offshore sites with high winds. The first V112-3.0 MW will be delivered to customers in Q3 2011.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024