Vestas V112 Turbine Targets Low/Med Wind Speed Sites
Vestas discusses the launch of its new V112-3.0 turbine, aimed at the low and medium wind speed sector, which the company says comprises 75 percent of the global market. The offshore version can be used at high wind sites.
The wind turbine manufacturer says the new turbine was designed from the beginning with new technologies, and how it was going to be transported and installed as well as maintained for at least 20 years.
The turbine can withstand virtually any climatic conditions from tropic heat and humidity to arctic cold, making it suitable for any onshore site with low or medium wind and offshore sites with high winds. The first V112-3.0 MW will be delivered to customers in Q3 2011.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council