Greenopolis, PepsiCo Recycle 4 Million Beverage Containers
Greenopolis, a producer of interactive recycling kiosks for high-traffic locations, has captured its four millionth item through its automated recycling system.
Greenopolis, a subsidiary of Waste Management, has partnered with companies like Pepsico to help increase the number of beverage containers recycled. The Dream Machine recycling initiative places computerized receptacle kiosks in numerous locations, allowing consumers to collect and redeem points for every bottle or can recycled in the kiosks.
The four millionth item — a bottle of Lipton Iced Tea – was recycled using a PepsiCo Dream Machine, recently placed at a Reasor’s store, in Tulsa, Okla. Reasor’s has a PepsiCo Dream Machine at each of its 15 locations and two convenience stores.
The Dream Machine recycling initiative is designed around PepsiCo’s goal to increase the U.S. beverage container recycling rate from 34 percent to 50 percent by 2018. The program is currently introducing recycling kiosks and related technologies at public locations across North America.
PepsiCo is also using the program to help America’s veterans through its Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV), a national program offering free training in entrepreneurship and small business management to post-9/11 veterans with disabilities.
The Greenopolis technology platform features product tracking applications that enable people to track the brands they recycle, and online technologies that allow users to share and learn about their recycling behavior through social networks, games and Greenopolis.com.
The interactive “smart” recycling kiosks provide coupons and rewards for recycling on-the-go.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED