Survey Finds 81% of Building, Lighting Professionals Focus on Energy Efficiency
Eighty-one percent of building and lighting professionals are now focused on energy efficiency, according to the inaugural Osram Sylvania Commercial Lighting Survey (PDF).
Based on responses from more than 350 facilities decision-makers and lighting designers across the education, healthcare, hospitality, office and retail sectors, the survey also indicates that LEDs are playing a big role in commercial spaces with nearly 75 percent of respondents saying they are currently using or plan to use LEDs due to their energy efficiency, low maintenance and reduced operating costs.
A key finding shows that energy efficiency, operating costs and maintenance are top considerations when making lighting decisions, according to 84 percent of respondents.
The report also indicates that nearly three quarters (71 percent) of facilities and lighting professionals have evaluated their commercial lighting in the past year.
Other findings reveal that 84 percent of respondents cite operating costs and maintenance as an important factor and 76 percent of lighting professionals believe it is more important to have lighting that saves money over its lifetime, even if it costs more to purchase and install.
Click here for Five Tips for Selecting LED Lighting Systems.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management