Enterprise Rent-A-Car to Add All-Electric CODA Sedans in 2011
The rental car company touts the CODA Sedan will be the first mainstream all-electric sedan from an all-electric car company. The car is designed to meet the day-to-day needs of more than 80 percent of Americans with space for five passengers and a full-size trunk.
CODA’s 33.8-kWh battery system with active thermal management will offer an all-season driving range of 90 to 120 miles per charge. It also offers a fast charge with a 6.6-kW on-board charger, which CODA says is twice as fast as the standard charger used by its closest competition. A full charge requires about six hours to complete. Enough energy for a 40-mile commute will take under two hours.
As part of the agreement, Enterprise will provide courtesy transportation vehicles to CODA customers during service and maintenance period, and discussions are underway to develop other partnership opportunities to help accelerate the adoption of all-electric cars.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car also will offer Nissan LEAFs next year in select markets. Delivery of 500 Nissan LEAFs will begin in January 2011 and will continue throughout the year.
In addition, beginning in November 2010, charging stations will be installed at select locations, including several of the Enterprise “hybrid branches,” which offer hybrids and other environmentally-friendly rental options in 30 different markets.
Enterprise announced its plans in February 2009 to add about 5,000 hybrids to its nationwide fleet and designated almost 80 rental locations across the country as hybrid branches.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform