EPS Adds Scope 3 Emissions Monitoring to Real-Time Energy Management Tool
EPS has added a Carbon Management Platform to its xChange Point real-time sustainability solution that now allows businesses to quantify their total carbon footprint (Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions) throughout the entire supply chain in one solution.
Offered in alliance with Climate Earth, this new product delivers Scope 3 carbon assessment capability to the EPS energy and carbon management solution for large and mid-sized manufacturing companies.
EPS says procurement and supply chain activities can account for 70 percent to 95 percent of a company’s total carbon footprint, and calculation of Scope 3 emissions has been limited or prohibitively expensive.
xChange Point already enables manufacturers to view and understand energy use and Carbon Disclosure Project certified carbon emissions from fuel combustion and electricity (Scopes 1 and 2) in real time and creates solutions to significantly reduce them, says EPS.
The new offering adds the ability to quantify and monitor Scope 3 carbon emissions from the “upstream” supply chain, including all emissions from raw materials through processing, and transportation to procurement. It also ties GHG emissions to the bottom line to help manufacturers determine which initiatives will have the biggest environmental and profitability impacts.
xChange Point’s new capability prioritizes the supply chain “hot spots,” and views and ranks the performance of suppliers, materials, product lines and facilities by carbon intensity or carbon per dollar of sales and revenue.
All accounting meets or exceeds industry standards for reporting to registries including the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), EPA Climate Leaders and The Climate Registry, says EPS.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs