Advantest Buys RECs to Offset 100% of Electricity Use
To reduce its environmental footprint, Advantest America plans to purchase renewable energy certificates (RECs) over the next two years to offset 100 percent of the electricity used by its corporate headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
Advantest America also has a corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability program in place, which includes ISO 14001 certification for its headquarters facility.
The company also implemented an environmental management system, which focuses on energy conservation, reduction-reuse-recycling of materials, and green product procurement at its Silicon Valley facility. Thanks to these efforts, Advantest has reduced its energy use by up to 30 percent.
Advantest is working in partnership with 3Degrees, a national renewable energy and carbon offset company, and provider of Green-e Certified RECs from renewable energy facilities, to offset its CO2 emissions. Each REC purchased by Advantest America represents one-megawatt hour (MWh) of renewable electricity generated and delivered to the power grid.
3Degrees was recently presented with the U.S. Department of Energy’s Non-Utility Green Power Supplier of the Year Award. This is the fourth straight year that 3Degrees has been recognized with a DOE Green Power Leadership Award.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry