Intertek Gears Up For Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification
Intertek is deploying 18 energy efficiency testing labs – nearly 30 percent of its commercial and electrical labs globally – across North America, Europe, and Asia, and one global certification body, in preparation for the December 31, 2010 effective date of the Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification procedures.
The new procedures will require manufacturers seeking use of the Energy Star label to submit products for testing in EPA-recognized laboratories and certification from EPA-recognized certification bodies.
Intertek says it has enlisted nine accreditation bodies to gain the necessary scope accreditations across its energy efficiency test labs and certification body.
Intertek also says it will provide 24-hour Energy Star certification, after required testing parameters are met.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council