Intertek Gears Up For Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification
Intertek is deploying 18 energy efficiency testing labs – nearly 30 percent of its commercial and electrical labs globally – across North America, Europe, and Asia, and one global certification body, in preparation for the December 31, 2010 effective date of the Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification procedures.
The new procedures will require manufacturers seeking use of the Energy Star label to submit products for testing in EPA-recognized laboratories and certification from EPA-recognized certification bodies.
Intertek says it has enlisted nine accreditation bodies to gain the necessary scope accreditations across its energy efficiency test labs and certification body.
Intertek also says it will provide 24-hour Energy Star certification, after required testing parameters are met.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls