Intertek Gears Up For Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification
Intertek is deploying 18 energy efficiency testing labs – nearly 30 percent of its commercial and electrical labs globally – across North America, Europe, and Asia, and one global certification body, in preparation for the December 31, 2010 effective date of the Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification procedures.
The new procedures will require manufacturers seeking use of the Energy Star label to submit products for testing in EPA-recognized laboratories and certification from EPA-recognized certification bodies.
Intertek says it has enlisted nine accreditation bodies to gain the necessary scope accreditations across its energy efficiency test labs and certification body.
Intertek also says it will provide 24-hour Energy Star certification, after required testing parameters are met.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned