Intertek Gears Up For Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification
Intertek is deploying 18 energy efficiency testing labs – nearly 30 percent of its commercial and electrical labs globally – across North America, Europe, and Asia, and one global certification body, in preparation for the December 31, 2010 effective date of the Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification procedures.
The new procedures will require manufacturers seeking use of the Energy Star label to submit products for testing in EPA-recognized laboratories and certification from EPA-recognized certification bodies.
Intertek says it has enlisted nine accreditation bodies to gain the necessary scope accreditations across its energy efficiency test labs and certification body.
Intertek also says it will provide 24-hour Energy Star certification, after required testing parameters are met.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016