Intertek Gears Up For Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification
Intertek is deploying 18 energy efficiency testing labs – nearly 30 percent of its commercial and electrical labs globally – across North America, Europe, and Asia, and one global certification body, in preparation for the December 31, 2010 effective date of the Energy Star Enhanced Testing and Verification procedures.
The new procedures will require manufacturers seeking use of the Energy Star label to submit products for testing in EPA-recognized laboratories and certification from EPA-recognized certification bodies.
Intertek says it has enlisted nine accreditation bodies to gain the necessary scope accreditations across its energy efficiency test labs and certification body.
Intertek also says it will provide 24-hour Energy Star certification, after required testing parameters are met.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment