Schneider Consolidates U.S. Data Centers
Schneider Electric has unveiled a newly integrated data center at the Schneider Electric Technology Center outside of St. Louis. The facility consolidates two of the company’s U.S. data centers and leverages the company’s EcoStruxure solution architecture to enable intelligent energy management.
The new facility showcases the company’s EcoStruxure solution that integrates building, power, and data center physical infrastructure.
The company says it has documented significant electricity savings over a 12-month period at the Schneider Electric Technology Center thanks to efficient design, energy management and monitoring and lower cost per kilowatt hour.
At the heart of the Schneider Electric data center is an integrated energy management solution that monitors all of the interdependent systems. Real-time power usage effectiveness (PUE) reporting gives an accurate view of utilization so data center managers can know if power going into the data center is being used effectively and not wasted.
Data center availability also is optimized by monitoring all data center physical infrastructure elements in the IT, electrical and mechanical rooms.
This detailed reporting on energy cost breakdown by subsystem helps to target energy use for maximum operating expense reduction and increased uptime, says Schneider.
Schneider Electric will consolidate four additional data centers into the St. Louis facility by the first quarter 2011.
Click here for a youtube video, “Building a Data Center,” all about the new Schneider facility.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters