NASDAQ Adds 66 Green Economy Indexes
NASDAQ OMX has launched 66 “green” economy indexes designed to track the performance of companies in the environmental and clean energy sector. NASDAQ says the green economy is shifting economic development towards sustainable practices in business and infrastructure.
These sustainable development areas include more efficient and cleaner energy production, clean transportation, better water use and management, greener buildings, clean and efficient waste management and improved land use through sustainable farming and forestry.
The NASDAQ OMX Green Economy Index Family is comprised of 13 different sectors: Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy Generation, Healthy Living, Advanced Materials, Green Building, Bio/Clean Fuels, Pollution Mitigation, Natural Resources, Recycling, Lighting, Water, Transport and Financial.
At the heart of the index is the NASDAQ OMX Green Economy Global Benchmark Index, which NASDAQ says is the first of its kind to monitor and track such a large portfolio of green companies. It will provide a global benchmark for institutional and retail investors.
The benchmark index is designed to act as an indicator of performance of stocks in areas such as energy efficiency, renewable energy generation, pollution mitigation and advanced materials, says NASDAQ.
In 2009, NASDAQ added the sustainability index — NASDAQ OMX CRD Global Sustainability 50 Index — that tracks companies on the “leading edge of self-reporting sustainability activities.”
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight