Business Travel, Telework, Ecotourism in Latest Issue of EL Insights
As mobile technologies become more affordable and reliable, telecommuting will be an attractive option (although, still less than 2% of US employees telecommute), according to the latest issue of EL Insights.
In 2010 an estimated 40% of employees hold jobs that could be easily translated into telecommuting which could save $500 billion overall, and employees could save between $3,400 and $10,500 in transportation and other work-related costs, not including the cost of daycare or the potential for home office tax breaks.
The United States continues to lead the worldwide business travel market; however, the expansion of Asian markets will undoubtedly transform the future of travel as airlines and other green transportation options emerge in China.
State government incentives have been a popular way to keep down emissions by encouraging…
This is a preview of the latest issue of EL Insights.
Have you joined EL Insights yet? Hundreds of companies have. Join here.
Don’t get left behind. Get the actionable insights and data only EL Insights provides. Join the growing list of F500 companies incorporating EL Insights data into their decision making.
Delivered two times a month, every issue of EL Insights is developed to help businesses understand the implications of an emerging energy, environmental or sustainability technology, to inspire innovation within companies, and to provide executives with timely data, charts and market insights.
For industry insiders needing to stay informed, EL Insights is the one subscription that delivers opportunity-focused, actionable insights that are both engaging and accessible.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016