P2 Web App Calculates Energy Savings for Lighting Retrofits
Precision-Paragon (P2), a division of Hubbell Lighting, has launched a free web app that helps business owners calculate energy and cost savings for commercial and industrial lighting upgrades. P2 says about 40 percent of the electricity used in a typical commercial building is consumed by lighting.
The “Lighting Retrofit Calculator” app gives businesses a starting point from which they can estimate the potential cost, savings and environmental benefits for lighting retrofit projects in offices, warehouses and manufacturing spaces. P2 says this will help businesses with their next steps in terms of establishing a budget, selecting an energy-efficiency professional and sending out request for quotes on lighting upgrade proposals.
P2 explains how it works: Select the facility type for the retrofit, the electricity cost per kW hour, the facility’s square footage and its annual hours of operation. The calculator will provide suggestions if you’re not sure about a particular field.
Once you click “calculate,” the app returns an initial estimate for project cost, energy savings, cost savings and years to reach payback. It also calculates environmental benefits such as the number of cars taken off the road for one year, gallons of gasoline not burned and households powered for one year with the electricity that is saved.
Selecting a lighting system for your company’s retrofit project is also a major task. Here are five tips for selecting LED lighting systems.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant