Ann Sacks Launches Merchandising Program For Eco Products
Ann Sacks has unveiled a merchandising program aimed at promoting its eco-friendly tile and stone products. The Eco-Thinking initiative, which was two years in the making, currently consists of 14 tile and stone collections with a range of price points for commercial and residential customers.
All of these products can be used for LEED credit and are identifiable by its Eco-Thinking product mark. The logo is already positioned next to these products on www.annsacks.com and will be incorporated into all future print collateral pieces.
The manufacturer and distributor of tile, stone and plumbing products also uses an energy-efficient, fast-firing kiln in its Portland, Ore., factory, and by the first quarter of 2011 will add a more efficient periodic gas kiln that recycles waste heat.
In addition, the company recycles all excess raw clay, uses only lead-free glazes, and filters all production waste water before it leaves the Portland facility. All products are shipped in recycled and recyclable packaging.
Products include recycled glass collections and energy-efficient concrete lines.
Earlier this year, World Resources Institute (WRI) and Big Room launched an new online database that allow companies and consumers to compare claims between different environmental certifications for food and consumer products.
In October, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) proposed several revisions to its ”Green Guides” that help companies avoid making misleading environmental claims. Some of the biggest proposed changes include new guidance on marketers’ use of product certifications and seals of approval.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra