Sustainable and Organic Agriculture in Latest Issue of EL Insights
Increased demand for organic agriculture has propelled it out of its niche markets status and into the main stream, according to the latest issue of EL Insights. The world’s largest grocer, Wal-Mart, has responded to consumer preferences offering many organic products and has recently announced that it aims to sell 9% of its produce from local, organic suppliers by 2015.
Helping fuel the demand for organic food is the attention organic farming has received from media. From Michelle Obama being covered tending her organic farm on the White House lawn to the series of bestselling books Michael Pollan has written criticizing industrial farming methods, organic agriculture is part of the public consciousness.
Organic agriculture is not only taking root in the US, but has seen success globally. In Europe consumers pay 150% premium for organic products; and even in emerging markets such as the Philippines people are willing to pay 20% to 50% more for organic goods.
China has also…
This is a preview of the latest issue of EL Insights.
Have you joined EL Insights yet? Hundreds of companies have. Join here.
Don’t get left behind. Get the actionable insights and data only EL Insights provides. Join the growing list of F500 companies incorporating EL Insights data into their decision making.
Delivered two times a month, every issue of EL Insights is developed to help businesses understand the implications of an emerging energy, environmental or sustainability technology, to inspire innovation within companies, and to provide executives with timely data, charts and market insights.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20