Verizon Wireless Becomes an Energy Star Partner
Verizon Wireless has formalized its partnership with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) by becoming an official Energy Star Partner. Seventy-five Verizon Wireless Communications Stores have already earned the Energy Star for superior energy performance.
Under the partnership, Verizon Wireless pledges to measure and track energy performance at hundreds of company Communications Stores, switching centers, cell sites and other facilities throughout the United States.
The wireless communications company also will integrate Energy Star resources into its energy management strategy, and promote the importance of energy efficiency to employees, partners and communities in the 49 states where it operates.
“We are formalizing our partnership with the EPA and this strategic, corporate energy management program to help us continue to enhance our business’ sustainable energy practices and contribute to a better environment for future generations,” said John Stratton, executive vice president and chief operating officer for Verizon Wireless, in a statement.
“And being more energy efficient makes business sense: energy efficient operations help keep costs down, and we can redirect those resources to improve the customer experience,” he added.
Verizon Wireless also offers solutions to help customers conserve resources by reducing paper use through the company’s online billing options and keeping old cell phones and batteries out of landfills through the company’s Hopeline initiative and Verizon Wireless Trade-In Program.
Verizon Wireless recently was named one of the Top 12 Green-IT Vendors by Computerworld magazine.
Energy Manager News
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier