Hara Lands Huge Abu Dhabi Environmental, Energy Management Contract
Hara has signed a multi-year, multi-million dollar agreement with the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA), the largest state-run utility in the United Arab Emirates, for an environmental and energy management implementation which covers over 200,000 commercial and residential facilities and is expected to save ADWEA an estimated $3 billion over the next 10 years.
Peak demand reductions resulting from the deployment are estimated to be over 4 gigawatts (GW) in 2020, allowing for deferred construction of several 500 megawatt (MW) conventional natural gas power plants. Total annual energy savings are projected to top 12,000 gigawatt hours (GWh) by 2020. This would save almost ten million tons of carbon dioxide, equivalent to taking 1.9 million cars off the road.
Hara will serve as the primary environmental and energy management technology partner for ADWEA. Hara’s cloud-based EEM implementation will provide system-wide consumption monitoring as well as conservation and efficiency investment modeling for over 200,000 commercial and residential facilities. Hara’s EEM will also serve as the core technology platform for optimizing Abu Dhabi’s energy and electricity use, its greenhouse gas emissions and will provide advanced analytical support for the implementation of the region’s smart grid and alternative energy investments.
ADWEA supplies electricity and potable water to the population of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi including the cities of Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and the Western Region. ADWEA serves more than 1.4 million people, representing more than 39% of the UAE’s total population, over an area of approximately 67,340 square kilometers, about 87% of the UAE’s total area.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment