ISO 14001 News From Polyfoil, Northrop Grumman
Neopac, the Swiss-based provider and inventor of high barrier Polyfoil tubes for the biotech, pharmaceutical, personal care and cosmetic industries, has appointed Daniel MĂĽller as Environmental Manager, in preparation for the companyâ€™s ISO 14001 certification.
“We are striving to achieve Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001 in May 2011,â€ť says MĂĽller. “My role is to prepare, plan and implement an environment management system, and to build up a useful control mechanism.”
In addition to maintaining its pledge to the environment, obtaining an ISO 14001 certification also satisfies the growing needs of customers.
“More and more customers are asking for ‘green tubes.’ points out MĂĽller. â€śThey are seeking to offer products with a good eco-balance that are safer for the environment as well as the consumer. In this way, they are not only meeting the needs of the consumer, but also creating an image of an environmentally conscious supplier.â€ť
In other ISO 14001 news, Northrop Grumman Corporation’s Navigation Systems Division has achieved the ISO 14001 certification.
Northrop Grumman Navigation Systems Division sites in Woodland Hills, Calif., Norfolk, Va., and Salt Lake City achieved the certification by planning and implementing a EMS which was audited by Det Norske Veritas, a global provider of accredited management system certification.
One of the primary requirements for certification is to have a comprehensive list of environmental aspects associated with business operations and identify those that can cause the most significant impacts to the environment. The key commitments of the its environmental policy include compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations, continual improvement in minimizing environmental impact of operations and products, and motivation of employees to take personal accountability for protecting the environment, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool