ISO 14001 News From Airbus, Wurth, Protexic
Airbus has obtained, across its different sites around the world, the renewal of ISO 14001 certification. In January 2007, Airbus was the first company in the aerospace manufacturing sector to achieve ISO 14001 certification covering the activity of each step of the life cycle of its products together with all its European production sites.
It was extended in 2009 and 2010 to all Airbus facilities in the US and China.
Würth Service Supply has recently earned ISO 14001 certification at four of its locations: Indianapolis, IN; Atlanta, GA; Grand Rapids, MI; and Greenville, SC. The decision to pursue certification was made in January 2010, and after several months of planning, implementation, training, and review, Würth completed the ISO 14001 certification audit.
An employee team was appointed in early 2010 to develop the company’s EMS and environmental policy. Employees were then trained in the EMS specifically developed for the business and successfully completed the audit in early fall of this year, resulting in ISO 14001 certification for the participating locations.
Tegrant Corporation, Protexic Brands Mount Pleasant, Tennessee manufacturing facility has achieved ISO 14001 certification from SRI Quality System Registrar.
The custom molding facility, produces automotive components and protective packaging products from EPP, EPS, and Arcel resins. In addition to the ISO 14001 certification, the Mount Pleasant facility is also ISO 9001 and ISO/TS16949 certified.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses