ISO 14001 News From Airbus, Wurth, Protexic
Airbus has obtained, across its different sites around the world, the renewal of ISO 14001 certification. In January 2007, Airbus was the first company in the aerospace manufacturing sector to achieve ISO 14001 certification covering the activity of each step of the life cycle of its products together with all its European production sites.
It was extended in 2009 and 2010 to all Airbus facilities in the US and China.
Würth Service Supply has recently earned ISO 14001 certification at four of its locations: Indianapolis, IN; Atlanta, GA; Grand Rapids, MI; and Greenville, SC. The decision to pursue certification was made in January 2010, and after several months of planning, implementation, training, and review, Würth completed the ISO 14001 certification audit.
An employee team was appointed in early 2010 to develop the company’s EMS and environmental policy. Employees were then trained in the EMS specifically developed for the business and successfully completed the audit in early fall of this year, resulting in ISO 14001 certification for the participating locations.
Tegrant Corporation, Protexic Brands Mount Pleasant, Tennessee manufacturing facility has achieved ISO 14001 certification from SRI Quality System Registrar.
The custom molding facility, produces automotive components and protective packaging products from EPP, EPS, and Arcel resins. In addition to the ISO 14001 certification, the Mount Pleasant facility is also ISO 9001 and ISO/TS16949 certified.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland