Renewable Energy in China, India To Hit $53.0 Billion, $14.4 Billion Respectively by 2016
By 2016 the total renewable energy market in China and India will be $53.0 billion and $14.4 billion respectively, according to the latest issue of EL Insights.
China and India are the world’s two most populous countries. Both have booming economies that are rapidly growing. From 2000 to 2008 China had an average annual GDP growth rate of 10%, and India is expected to have an 8% growth rate this year. This economic growth has propelled China and India as world leaders in the world economy and lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty. With economic growth and improved standards of living for China’s and India’s emerging middle class, has come an increased demand for energy.
While per capita use of the average Indian or Chinese citizen is roughly one-third that of a person from the U.S. or Western Europe, aggregate demand is exceeding that of the Western world. According to the International Energy Agency, China’s demand for energy will grow by 75% from current levels by 2035. Given the nearly 2.3 billion people that reside in these two countries this demand…
This is a preview of EL Insights Subscription Content.
Delivered two times a month, every issue of EL Insights is developed to help businesses understand the implications of an emerging energy, environmental or sustainability technology, to inspire innovation within companies, and to provide executives with timely data, charts and market insights.
For industry insiders needing to stay informed, EL Insights is the one subscription that delivers opportunity-focused, actionable insights that are both engaging and accessible.
Subscribe to EL Insights here.
If you’re already a subscriber to ELInsights, you can download the current issue here.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses