Aramark Adding 78 Hybrids to Fleet
Aramark Uniform Services is adding 78 hybrid electric vehicles to its fleet. The Stepvans are being manufactured by Freightliner Custom Chassis Corporation.
AUS anticipates annual fuel savings will top 500 gallons per each HEV. The initial roll out of 25 hybrid stepvans is underway, with all 78 HEVs servicing routes in 28 states by spring. The company said that the HEVs will be used primarily in urban areas. As the hybrids are introduced, traditional vehicles will be retired, according to Aramark’s Sarah Jarvis.
The fleet transition is funded by a $2.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy and the Maryland Clean Cities Program, which aims to stimulate alternative fuel and advanced technology in the transportation sector. Aramark wouldn’t release information on the expected ROI.
In addition to fuel savings, each hybrid, when compared to a standard diesel vehicle, reduces total greenhouse gases emissions by 30 percent and generates fuel efficiency gains between 20 to 40 percent.
The AUS fleet management program also includes the implementation of route-optimization software that maps out the most efficient and effective travel route between client sites.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters