California, Vermont Award Hazardous Materials Contracts
In California, environmental consulting firm Andersen Environmental was awarded three regional contracts as the provider of on-call hazardous materials testing and remediation services for up to $9 million in services over three years, according to a news release from the company.
The contracts, awarded by the Real Estate Services Division of the State of California Department of General Services (DGS), are effective as of 2011, and ask Andersen Environmental to complete hazardous materials investigation, testing, and monitoring services, including air/water/soil testing, environmental surveys, moisture testing, oversight, and remediation services. Andersen Environmental will stand ready on-call to address any hazardous materials needs identified by the DGS during the contract period.
The state has had prior agreements in place with Andersen Environmental for hazardous materials testing and consultation to various State agencies including the California Department of Motor Vehicles, CalTrans, and Department of Water Resources.
The Vermont Agency of Transportation has selected ENPRO Services, Inc. (ENPRO), to service its Vermont Statewide Emergency Hazardous Waste Response and Waste Disposal contract. ENPRO specializes in the management of oil and hazardous waste, and will provide environmental services for state-owned property, roadways and interstate highways throughout Vermont, including the Interstates 89 and 91. The services contract covers the proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in accordance with state and federal regulations, including containment, mitigation and cleanup of oil and hazardous material spills within Vermont.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20