Panasonic Unveils Environmental Goals for North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America has unveiled several new environmental initiatives for its North America operations in an Eco Ideas Declaration which includes specific sustainability goals to be achieved over the next three years.
“Panasonic aims to become the Number One Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by 2018, which will mark our company’s 100th anniversary,” said Joseph M. Taylor, Chairman and CEO of Panasonic Corporation of North America.
In highlighting the initiatives, Taylor provided several measurable goals for its operations over the three-year period through 2013. Among them, Panasonic pledged for North America to double the sales of ENERGY STAR-qualified products, EPEAT Silver and Gold-registered products, and Panasonic Superior Green Products by 2013; to double the number of drop-off locations in its electronics recycling program from 800 to 1,600 sites; and to reduce by 45% the greenhouse gas emissions at its headquarters operations compared to our 2006 baseline.
In October, Panasonic announced its “Green Plan 2018” environmental action plan, aimed at stepping up its efforts to meet environmental goals in time for the company’s 100th anniversary in 2018.
Last June, Panasonic announced it exceeded its 2009 targets for reducing CO2 emissions in its European manufacturing operations, achieving a reduction of 34 percent, or 21,400 tons.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool