Enterprise Adds Chevy Volt to Rental Fleet
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the first car rental company to offer Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicles for daily and weekly rentals. The Volt, which has piqued the interest of consumers, will be available starting this month at the Mark Christopher Auto Center in Ontario, Calif., along with a new charging station.
“Purchase demand for electric vehicles has been impressive, and we anticipate similar demand from rental customers,” said Jeff Morrell, vice president of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. “Making the Volt available will provide an extended test drive for curious customers, for those with cars being serviced and for those interested in possibly purchasing an EV.” It also gives customers a chance to learn more about the charging process.
EVs can be charged using a standard 110-volt home outlet, or a 220-volt home or public charger, or 480-volt commercial “fast” charging station.
Additional EVs, such as the 500 Nissan LEAF, will be offered at other Enterprise locations as the vehicles become available.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B