Enterprise Adds Chevy Volt to Rental Fleet
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the first car rental company to offer Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicles for daily and weekly rentals. The Volt, which has piqued the interest of consumers, will be available starting this month at the Mark Christopher Auto Center in Ontario, Calif., along with a new charging station.
“Purchase demand for electric vehicles has been impressive, and we anticipate similar demand from rental customers,” said Jeff Morrell, vice president of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. “Making the Volt available will provide an extended test drive for curious customers, for those with cars being serviced and for those interested in possibly purchasing an EV.” It also gives customers a chance to learn more about the charging process.
EVs can be charged using a standard 110-volt home outlet, or a 220-volt home or public charger, or 480-volt commercial “fast” charging station.
Additional EVs, such as the 500 Nissan LEAF, will be offered at other Enterprise locations as the vehicles become available.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform