Enterprise Adds Chevy Volt to Rental Fleet
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the first car rental company to offer Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicles for daily and weekly rentals. The Volt, which has piqued the interest of consumers, will be available starting this month at the Mark Christopher Auto Center in Ontario, Calif., along with a new charging station.
“Purchase demand for electric vehicles has been impressive, and we anticipate similar demand from rental customers,” said Jeff Morrell, vice president of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. “Making the Volt available will provide an extended test drive for curious customers, for those with cars being serviced and for those interested in possibly purchasing an EV.” It also gives customers a chance to learn more about the charging process.
EVs can be charged using a standard 110-volt home outlet, or a 220-volt home or public charger, or 480-volt commercial “fast” charging station.
Additional EVs, such as the 500 Nissan LEAF, will be offered at other Enterprise locations as the vehicles become available.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators