Enterprise Adds Chevy Volt to Rental Fleet
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is the first car rental company to offer Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicles for daily and weekly rentals. The Volt, which has piqued the interest of consumers, will be available starting this month at the Mark Christopher Auto Center in Ontario, Calif., along with a new charging station.
“Purchase demand for electric vehicles has been impressive, and we anticipate similar demand from rental customers,” said Jeff Morrell, vice president of Enterprise Rent-A-Car. “Making the Volt available will provide an extended test drive for curious customers, for those with cars being serviced and for those interested in possibly purchasing an EV.” It also gives customers a chance to learn more about the charging process.
EVs can be charged using a standard 110-volt home outlet, or a 220-volt home or public charger, or 480-volt commercial “fast” charging station.
Additional EVs, such as the 500 Nissan LEAF, will be offered at other Enterprise locations as the vehicles become available.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant