Heider Elected to U.S. Green Building Council
Heider has been made chair-elect, and will also fill the Constructor of Buildings seat on the board of the USGBC, which is best known for setting the LEED sustainability standard. She has been on the board for three years.
The 2011 chair is Mark MacCracken, owner and chief executive officer of thermal energy storage manufacturer CALMAC.
â€śIâ€™m looking forward to working with the Board to help expand USGBCâ€™s offering through leading-edge research, developing new tools, educational offerings and market solutions,â€ť Heider said.
USGBC has a 20-member board that includes elected and appointed positions. Elected positions serve terms of three years. Appointed positions serve two-year terms.
The 2011 board includes six newly elected and two newly appointed directors.
The complete officers and directors are listed below. Those just elected or appointed to the 2011 board are noted as â€ś(elected)â€ť or â€ś(appointed)â€ť.
- Mark MacCracken, CALMAC, chair, and director in Energy Services seat
- Elizabeth J. Heider, Skanska, chair-elect, and director in Constructor of Buildings seat (elected)
- Tim Cole, Forbo Flooring Systems, immediate past chair
- Anthony Bernheim, AECOM, treasurer
- Punit Jain, Cannon Design, secretary
- S. Richard Fedrizzi, USGBC, president, CEO and founding chairman
- Ann Archino Howe, Sustainable Design Studio, Site Designer seat (elected)
- Maria Atkinson, Lend Lease Corporation, International seat
- Carlton Brown, Full Spectrum Development, Green Affordable Housing seat (appointed)
- Majora Carter, Majora Carter Group, Sustainable Community Leader seat (appointed)
- Walter Cuculic, Green Your Home Consulting, Home Builder seat (elected)
- John Dalzell, Boston Redevelopment Authority, Urban/Regional Planner seat
- Nathan Gauthier, Jones Lang LaSalle, Educators (K-12/Post Secondary) seat
- Dennis Maloskey, Pennsylvania Governorâ€™s Green Government Council, State & Local Government Employee seat (elected)
- Michael McCally, Clinical Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, and Physicians for Social Responsibility, Public Health/Health Care seat
- Kirsten Ritchie, Gensler, Green Building Educator seat (elected)
- Thomas Scarola, Tishman Speyer, Developer/Real Estate Services seat
- Lisa Shpritz, Bank of America, Finance, Surety & Corporate Real Estate seat
- Allan Skodowski, Transwestern, Building Management & Operations seat
- Elizabeth Whalen, CalAg LLC, Product Manufacturer Executive seat (elected)
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE