Tesco Installs Energy Monitors to Motivate Employees
Tesco plans to install touch screen energy boards in 500 stores across the UK, the Guardian reports. The energy boards will be placed in employee areas and will keep tabs on energy use in various store departments.
The idea is that employees will make an effort to use less energy in high usage areas.can adapt so that the area does not consume as much power.
Tesco tested the system at nine store locations and saw energy consumption drop two to three percent, which Tesco described as “a huge margin” for one piece of equipment, according to the article.
The monitors also cut paper use in tracking energy data.
Tesco recently won the Energy Efficiency Programme of the Year – Commercial End-User award at the Platts Global Energy Awards in New York because of its use of the touch screen monitors.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management