Tesco Installs Energy Monitors to Motivate Employees
Tesco plans to install touch screen energy boards in 500 stores across the UK, the Guardian reports. The energy boards will be placed in employee areas and will keep tabs on energy use in various store departments.
The idea is that employees will make an effort to use less energy in high usage areas.can adapt so that the area does not consume as much power.
Tesco tested the system at nine store locations and saw energy consumption drop two to three percent, which Tesco described as “a huge margin” for one piece of equipment, according to the article.
The monitors also cut paper use in tracking energy data.
Tesco recently won the Energy Efficiency Programme of the Year – Commercial End-User award at the Platts Global Energy Awards in New York because of its use of the touch screen monitors.
Energy Manager News
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra