ISO 14001 News From Bausch + Lomb, Orange; Guide for SMEs
The Clearwater facility recently improved the energy efficiency of its compressed air system by reconfiguring compressors and manifolds.
Other Bausch + Lomb locations that have previously earned ISO 14001 status include plants in Milan, Berlin and Beijing, as well as Rochester, N.Y.; Waterford, Ireland; Livingston, Scotland;and Hastings, England. The company is now pursuing 14001 certification for its St. Louis, Mo., and Greenville, S.C., plants, and expects to secure these by May.
Orange Business Services has been awarded ISO 14001 certification for its site in Rennes, France. Orange says the 14001 status recognizes its sustainable telecom offerings to enterprise customers as well as its internal efforts.
Commercial printer Vertec Printing Solutions says its new ISO 14001 status will help it win more contracts. “Getting ISO 14001 is a criteria for us to win work in some cases,‚ÄĚ said Vertec‚Äôs Tina Young. ‚ÄúIt has become something of a prerequisite.” The UK-based company has 25 staff and ¬£2m in yearly revenues.
Another British company, Lavendon Access Services, has also met the ISO 14001 standard. The company rents platforms, truck-mounted booms, and other access equipment.
Last week the ISO released a guide to help small and medium-sized businesses achieve 14001 certification. The handbook and CD provides a checklist to help businesses decide if they are ready to apply for 14001 status. It is available in English, French and Spanish.
More than 223,149 organizations had been certified against ISO 14001 by the end of 2009, an increase of 18 percent compared to 2008, ISO said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macy‚Äôs Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses