ISO 14001 News From Bausch + Lomb, Orange; Guide for SMEs
The Clearwater facility recently improved the energy efficiency of its compressed air system by reconfiguring compressors and manifolds.
Other Bausch + Lomb locations that have previously earned ISO 14001 status include plants in Milan, Berlin and Beijing, as well as Rochester, N.Y.; Waterford, Ireland; Livingston, Scotland;and Hastings, England. The company is now pursuing 14001 certification for its St. Louis, Mo., and Greenville, S.C., plants, and expects to secure these by May.
Orange Business Services has been awarded ISO 14001 certification for its site in Rennes, France. Orange says the 14001 status recognizes its sustainable telecom offerings to enterprise customers as well as its internal efforts.
Commercial printer Vertec Printing Solutions says its new ISO 14001 status will help it win more contracts. “Getting ISO 14001 is a criteria for us to win work in some cases,” said Vertec’s Tina Young. “It has become something of a prerequisite.” The UK-based company has 25 staff and £2m in yearly revenues.
Another British company, Lavendon Access Services, has also met the ISO 14001 standard. The company rents platforms, truck-mounted booms, and other access equipment.
Last week the ISO released a guide to help small and medium-sized businesses achieve 14001 certification. The handbook and CD provides a checklist to help businesses decide if they are ready to apply for 14001 status. It is available in English, French and Spanish.
More than 223,149 organizations had been certified against ISO 14001 by the end of 2009, an increase of 18 percent compared to 2008, ISO said.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics