Procter & Gamble Installs First Wind Turbine
Procter & Gamble has unveiled a wind turbine at its pet care plant in Coevorden, Netherlands.
The Coevorden turbine is the company’s first investment in wind energy, and started operations on January 26. It will supply approximately 17 percent of the plant’s annual energy consumption. The turbine is estimated to produce approximately 5,500 MWh of energy per year (the video says “5,500 MGW”), enough to power up to 1,500 houses in the Netherlands.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform