Procter & Gamble Installs First Wind Turbine
Procter & Gamble has unveiled a wind turbine at its pet care plant in Coevorden, Netherlands.
The Coevorden turbine is the company’s first investment in wind energy, and started operations on January 26. It will supply approximately 17 percent of the plant’s annual energy consumption. The turbine is estimated to produce approximately 5,500 MWh of energy per year (the video says “5,500 MGW”), enough to power up to 1,500 houses in the Netherlands.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data