Procter & Gamble Installs First Wind Turbine
Procter & Gamble has unveiled a wind turbine at its pet care plant in Coevorden, Netherlands.
The Coevorden turbine is the company’s first investment in wind energy, and started operations on January 26. It will supply approximately 17 percent of the plant’s annual energy consumption. The turbine is estimated to produce approximately 5,500 MWh of energy per year (the video says “5,500 MGW”), enough to power up to 1,500 houses in the Netherlands.
Energy Manager News
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike
- MPSC Spurns Consumers Energy on Investment Recovery Mechanism, Cuts Rate Hike by 36.4%
- Pennsylvania PUC Pulls Licenses of 20+ Retailers
- CUB: 90% of Alternative Supplier Offers Are Money-Losers
- FERC Clears NV Energy Entry into Western EIM