Procter & Gamble Installs First Wind Turbine
Procter & Gamble has unveiled a wind turbine at its pet care plant in Coevorden, Netherlands.
The Coevorden turbine is the company’s first investment in wind energy, and started operations on January 26. It will supply approximately 17 percent of the plant’s annual energy consumption. The turbine is estimated to produce approximately 5,500 MWh of energy per year (the video says “5,500 MGW”), enough to power up to 1,500 houses in the Netherlands.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls