Procter & Gamble Installs First Wind Turbine
Procter & Gamble has unveiled a wind turbine at its pet care plant in Coevorden, Netherlands.
The Coevorden turbine is the company’s first investment in wind energy, and started operations on January 26. It will supply approximately 17 percent of the plant’s annual energy consumption. The turbine is estimated to produce approximately 5,500 MWh of energy per year (the video says “5,500 MGW”), enough to power up to 1,500 houses in the Netherlands.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management