Best Practices Webinar – Bringing Lifecycle Thinking into Sustainable Design
Sustainable business in 2011 looks much different than it did just a few years ago. The majority of companies are now adopting rudimentary corporate responsibility stances, like tracking enterprise carbon or reporting on their social investments.
Join DS SolidWorks and Environmental Leader on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:00 AM PST / 12:00 PM EST for a free webinar, Bringing Lifecycle Thinking into Sustainable Design – Best Practices (register here), and hear how leading companies are differentiating themselves through sustainable product and service design.
Industry expert Asheen Phansey, Sustainability Product Manager for DS SolidWorks Corporation and Adjunct Professor of Sustainable Business at Babson College will share the three levels of sustainable design:
1. Optimizing existing product systems
2. Altering existing systems
3. Designing completely new systems
Mr. Phansey will help you make coherent sense of the myriad sustainable design tools out there – from simple scorecarding to comprehensive life cycle assessment (LCA). And he’ll highlight green-marketing examples and trends that demonstrate market adoption of these sustainable design practices.
Get ready to learn how to bring sustainability into the core of your business activities.
Sustainability Product Manager
DS SolidWorks Corporation
Asheen Phansey is the Sustainability Product Manager and corporate sustainability leader for DS SolidWorks Corporation, a leading maker of 3D CAD and product development software, and an Adjunct Professor of sustainable business at Babson College. He is certified in nature-inspired design by the Biomimicry Institute and has extensive expertise in sustainable innovation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland