Kaiser Permanente and Sustainable Agriculture
Author, speaker, and organic farmer, Joel Salatin visited Kaiser Permanente’s Oakland Medical Center on Jan. 21, 2011, and gave a presentation about the importance of supporting local, sustainable farming and food procurement in hospitals, school systems, and other large-scale food distribution centers. Prior to the talks, both Joel Salatin and Dr. Preston Maring, a long-time sustainable food advocate at Kaiser Permanente, talked with reporters about the farmers market program at Kaiser Permanente and the value of sustainable food systems in supporting the health of farmers and consumers.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures