Kaiser Permanente and Sustainable Agriculture
Author, speaker, and organic farmer, Joel Salatin visited Kaiser Permanente’s Oakland Medical Center on Jan. 21, 2011, and gave a presentation about the importance of supporting local, sustainable farming and food procurement in hospitals, school systems, and other large-scale food distribution centers. Prior to the talks, both Joel Salatin and Dr. Preston Maring, a long-time sustainable food advocate at Kaiser Permanente, talked with reporters about the farmers market program at Kaiser Permanente and the value of sustainable food systems in supporting the health of farmers and consumers.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities