Kaiser Permanente and Sustainable Agriculture
Author, speaker, and organic farmer, Joel Salatin visited Kaiser Permanente’s Oakland Medical Center on Jan. 21, 2011, and gave a presentation about the importance of supporting local, sustainable farming and food procurement in hospitals, school systems, and other large-scale food distribution centers. Prior to the talks, both Joel Salatin and Dr. Preston Maring, a long-time sustainable food advocate at Kaiser Permanente, talked with reporters about the farmers market program at Kaiser Permanente and the value of sustainable food systems in supporting the health of farmers and consumers.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment