Kaiser Permanente and Sustainable Agriculture
Author, speaker, and organic farmer, Joel Salatin visited Kaiser Permanente’s Oakland Medical Center on Jan. 21, 2011, and gave a presentation about the importance of supporting local, sustainable farming and food procurement in hospitals, school systems, and other large-scale food distribution centers. Prior to the talks, both Joel Salatin and Dr. Preston Maring, a long-time sustainable food advocate at Kaiser Permanente, talked with reporters about the farmers market program at Kaiser Permanente and the value of sustainable food systems in supporting the health of farmers and consumers.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned